Enjoy the Exceptional Services & Amenities you Deserve
Vibrant North Carolina living within the charm of a small college town
Worry free. That is the senior living lifestyle awaiting you thanks to the services & amenities at The Pines at Davidson, a short drive from Charlotte, NC.
No lawns to mow, shrubs to trim or concerns about home repairs. The Pines’ grounds and buildings are kept in pristine condition. A team of grounds, maintenance and housekeeping staff smile as they complete their work and greet you by name as you walk by.
Head for a morning swim or a lecture on European history. Take your golf clubs to River Run Country Club or join your best friends on a shopping expedition in Davidson, the nearby towns or Charlotte. See Shakespeare at Davidson College tonight. Tomorrow, cheer for the college’s basketball team.
You can enjoy the natural beauty of our 150 acre arboretum-like campus or go for an extended vacation, confident everything will be secure, thanks to The Pines staff. You know you will be coming home to a clean, lovingly tended residence.
“When I put in a work order, the maintenance guys beat me back to the apartment!”A Resident
Just a sample of our services and amenities:
- Choice of dining venues—formal and casual areas in the main dining room, plus a café where residents can order lunch to go.
- On-site banking.
- The Workman Wellness Center, offering exercise equipment, a warm-water therapy pool, and a large hot-water whirlpool.
- Hair salon and barber shop.
- Nine lounges in the main apartment building.
- Billiards/Game room.
- Arts and crafts room.
- Post office boxes.
Great People, Special Places Expansion:
- Flexible and casual Marketplace dining venue.
- Heritage – Redesigned waited service-style dining venue with table service.
- Pub – casual dining venue with bar, pub menu, table service, fireplace, TVs.
- Rooftop Terrace with umbrella tables, fire pit and water feature.
- Davis Cafe featuring a specialty espresso coffee machine, barista-made drinks, and refreshing gelato.
- 2,400 square foot Fitness Center with a full array of state-of-the-art exercise equipment.
- Multipurpose Room (first floor) and Davidson Room (second floor) for special events and group exercise classes.
- Renovated Private Dining Room for your special celebrations.
- Renovated Game Room.
- Independent living residences at The Villas at Poplar Hill.
- Neighborhood-style nursing care wing with 40 light-filled rooms with private showers and hospitality nook.
- A revitalization of our continuum of care, with the renovation of our assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
- Regular housekeeping, with linens and bath towels provided.
- 275 complimentary group bus trips per year—for groceries, the library, drug store, worship services, sports outings, concerts, theater, medical appointments, voting, golf tournaments, and more.
- Planned social, cultural, recreational and spiritual activities.
- 24-hour emergency call system.
- Trash removal and recycling.
- Personal fitness training.
Services available for an additional fee:
- Transportation to Charlotte, nearby towns and the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
- Guest suite.
- Hair salon and barber shop services.
- Dining and banquet services
- Privileges at River Run Country Club, located two-and-a-half miles from The Pines, for access to golf, driving range, tennis, and swimming at reduced rates.
- On-site physical and occupational therapy at The Workman Wellness Center.
Activities at The Pines:
- Learning in Retirement lecture series, featuring stimulating talks by Davidson College professors. Topics have included “Astrology and the Reformation,” “The First Three Minutes of the Universe” and “Genomics and You.”.
- A variety of water exercise classes in the certified warm-water therapy pool.
- Land-based exercise classes.
- Group outings to watch Davidson College sporting, concert and cultural events.
- Group trips to cultural events in Charlotte, including symphony and theater performances.
- Bridge groups for all skill levels.
- Wine and cheese socials.
- Poker games.
- Bible study and Sunday school.
- Book discussion groups.
- Movie nights and weekend matinees.
- Board game evenings.
- …and many more.